City of Troy, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Troy Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Troy, Michigan. You can contact the City of Troy Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the City of Troy property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
1200 N Telegraph Rd Dept 12The City of Troy Assessor's Office is located in Troy, Oakland County, Michigan.
City of Troy Assessor Contact Information
City of Troy Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Troy Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Troy Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Troy Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Troy.
- The City of Troy Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Troy Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Troy, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Troy about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Troy Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 248-524-3311. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Troy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Troy government at 248-858-1000.