City of Southfield, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Southfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Southfield, Michigan. You can contact the City of Southfield Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the City of Southfield property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1200 N Telegraph Rd Dept 12The City of Southfield Assessor's Office is located in Southfield, Oakland County, Michigan.
City of Southfield Assessor Contact Information
City of Southfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Southfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Southfield Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Southfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Southfield.
- The City of Southfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Southfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Southfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Southfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Southfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 248-796-5230. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Southfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Southfield government at 248-858-1000.