City of Saginaw, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Saginaw Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Saginaw, Michigan. You can contact the City of Saginaw Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Saginaw property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
111 S Michigan AveThe City of Saginaw Assessor's Office is located in the City Hall, First Floor in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. Saginaw is the county seat of City of Saginaw, where most local government offices are located.
City of Saginaw Assessor Contact Information
City of Saginaw Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Saginaw Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Saginaw Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Saginaw Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Saginaw.
- The City of Saginaw Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Saginaw Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Saginaw, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Saginaw about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Saginaw Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-759-1470. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Saginaw assessor's office at 989-759-1467. Please call the assessor's office in Saginaw before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Saginaw Courthouse at 989-790-5210.