City of Portage, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Portage Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Portage, Michigan. You can contact the City of Portage Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Portage property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
201 W Kalamazoo AveThe City of Portage Assessor's Office is located in Portage, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.
City of Portage Assessor Contact Information
City of Portage Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Portage Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Portage Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Portage Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Portage.
- The City of Portage Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Portage Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Portage, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Portage about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Portage Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 269-329-4433. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Portage before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Portage government at 269-384-8111.