City of Battle Creek, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Battle Creek Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Battle Creek, Michigan. You can contact the City of Battle Creek Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Battle Creek property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
315 W Green StThe City of Battle Creek Assessor's Office is located in Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan.
City of Battle Creek Assessor Contact Information
City of Battle Creek Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Battle Creek Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Battle Creek Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Battle Creek Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Battle Creek.
- The City of Battle Creek Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Battle Creek Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Battle Creek, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Battle Creek about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Battle Creek Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 269-966-3369. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Battle Creek before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Battle Creek Courthouse at 269-781-0730.