Branch County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Branch County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Branch County, Michigan. You can contact the Branch County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Branch County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
31 Division StThe Branch County Assessor's Office is located in the Branch County Courthouse Annex in Coldwater, Michigan. Coldwater is the county seat of Branch County, where most local government offices are located.
Branch County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Branch County Information
Branch County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Branch County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Branch County Tax Appraiser.
- The Branch County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Branch County.
- The Branch County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Branch County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Branch County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Branch County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Branch County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-279-4312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Coldwater before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Branch County Courthouse at 517-279-4300.