Arenac County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Arenac County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Arenac County, Michigan. You can contact the Arenac County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Arenac County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 747The Arenac County Assessor's Office is located in Standish, Michigan. Standish is the county seat of Arenac County, where most local government offices are located.
Arenac County Assessor Contact Information
Arenac County Assessor Address
Arenac County Equalization Office
120 North Grove Street
Standish, MI 48658
Arenac County Assessor Phone Number
Arenac County Assessor's Website
Additional Arenac County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Arenac County property tax records
Arenac County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Arenac County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Arenac County Tax Appraiser.
- The Arenac County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Arenac County.
- The Arenac County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Arenac County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Arenac County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Arenac County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Arenac County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-846-6246. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Standish before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Arenac County Courthouse at 989-846-6188.
Find the tax assessor for a different Michigan county
Find property records for Arenac County
The median property tax in Arenac County, Michigan is $1,300.00