Alpena County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Alpena County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alpena County, Michigan. You can contact the Alpena County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Alpena County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
720 W Chisholm StThe Alpena County Assessor's Office is located in Alpena, Michigan. Alpena is the county seat of Alpena County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Alpena County Courthouse, at 720 West Chisholm Street, Suite 5.
Alpena County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alpena County Information
Alpena County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alpena County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alpena County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alpena County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alpena County.
- The Alpena County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alpena County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alpena County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alpena County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alpena County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-354-9560. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Alpena County assessor's office at 989-354-9647. Please call the assessor's office in Alpena before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alpena County Courthouse at 989-354-9500.