Allegan County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Allegan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allegan County, Michigan. You can contact the Allegan County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Allegan County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
113 Chestnut StreetThe Allegan County Assessor's Office is located in Allegan, Michigan. Allegan is the county seat of Allegan County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Allegan County Building, at 113 Chestnut Street.
Allegan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Allegan County Information
Allegan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allegan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allegan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Allegan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allegan County.
- The Allegan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allegan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allegan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allegan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allegan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 269-673-0230. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Allegan County assessor's office at 269-673-0312. Please call the assessor's office in Allegan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allegan County Building at 269-673-0205.