Alger County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Alger County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alger County, Michigan. You can contact the Alger County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Alger County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
101 Court StreetThe Alger County Assessor's Office is located in Munising, Michigan. Munising is the county seat of Alger County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Alger County Courthouse, at 101 Court Street.
Alger County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alger County Information
Alger County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alger County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alger County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alger County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alger County.
- The Alger County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alger County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alger County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alger County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alger County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-387-2567. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Munising before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alger County Courthouse at 906-387-2076.