Town of Whitman, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Whitman Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Whitman, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Whitman Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Whitman property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
11 S Russell StThe Town of Whitman Assessor's Office is located in Whitman, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Town of Whitman Assessor Contact Information
Town of Whitman Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Whitman Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Whitman Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Whitman Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Whitman.
- The Town of Whitman Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Whitman Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Whitman, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Whitman about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Whitman Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 781-618-9761. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Whitman assessor's office at 781-618-9796. Please call the assessor's office in Whitman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Whitman government at 508-830-9100.