Town of Whately, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Whately Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Whately, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Whately Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Whately property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
425 Main StreetThe Town of Whately Assessor's Office is located in the Whately Town Hall in Whately, Franklin County, Massachusetts.
Town of Whately Assessor Contact Information
Town of Whately Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Whately Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Whately Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Whately Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Whately.
- The Town of Whately Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Whately Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Whately, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Whately about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Whately Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-665-3470. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Whately assessor's office at 413-665-5064. Please call the assessor's office in Whately before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Whately government at 413-774-4015.