Town of Wellfleet, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Wellfleet Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Wellfleet, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Wellfleet Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Wellfleet property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
3195 Main StreetThe Town of Wellfleet Assessor's Office is located in Wellfleet, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town Of Wellfleet Courthouse, at 300 Main Street.
Town of Wellfleet Assessor Contact Information
Town of Wellfleet Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Wellfleet Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Wellfleet Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Wellfleet Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Wellfleet.
- The Town of Wellfleet Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Wellfleet Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Wellfleet, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Wellfleet about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Wellfleet Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-349-0304. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Wellfleet assessor's office at 508-349-0317. Please call the assessor's office in Wellfleet before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Wellfleet Courthouse at 508-362-2511.