Town of Washington, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Washington Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Washington, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Washington Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Washington property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
76 East StreetThe Town of Washington Assessor's Office is located in the Washington Town Hall in Washington, Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
Town of Washington Assessor Contact Information
Town of Washington Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Washington Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Washington Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Washington Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Washington.
- The Town of Washington Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Washington Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Washington, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Washington about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Washington Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-623-8878. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Washington assessor's office at 413-623-2116. Please call the assessor's office in Washington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Washington government at 413-448-8424.