Town of Wareham, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Wareham Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Wareham, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Wareham Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Wareham property tax due date
11 S Russell StThe Town of Wareham Assessor's Office is located in the Memorial Town Hall in Wareham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Town of Wareham Assessor Contact Information
Town of Wareham Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Wareham Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Wareham Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Wareham Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Wareham.
- The Town of Wareham Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Wareham Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Wareham, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Wareham about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Wareham Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-291-3160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Wareham assessor's office at 508-291-3167. Please call the assessor's office in Wareham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Wareham government at 508-830-9100.