Town of Truro, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Truro Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Truro, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Truro Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Truro property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
3195 Main StreetThe Town of Truro Assessor's Office is located in Truro, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Town of Truro Assessor Contact Information
Town of Truro Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Truro Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Truro Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Truro Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Truro.
- The Town of Truro Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Truro Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Truro, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Truro about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Truro Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-349-7004. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Truro assessor's office at 508-349-5506. Please call the assessor's office in Truro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Truro Courthouse at 508-362-2511.