Town of Richmond, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Richmond Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Richmond, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Richmond Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Richmond property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
76 East StreetThe Town of Richmond Assessor's Office is located in the Richmond Town Hall in Richmond, Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
Town of Richmond Assessor Contact Information
Town of Richmond Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Richmond Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Richmond Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Richmond Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Richmond.
- The Town of Richmond Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Richmond Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Richmond, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Richmond about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Richmond Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-698-2525. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Richmond assessor's office at 413-698-3272. Please call the assessor's office in Richmond before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Richmond government at 413-448-8424.