Town of Orleans, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Orleans Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Orleans, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Orleans Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Orleans property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
3195 Main StreetThe Town of Orleans Assessor's Office is located in the Orleans Town Hall in Orleans, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Town of Orleans Assessor Contact Information
Town of Orleans Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Orleans Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Orleans Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Orleans Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Orleans.
- The Town of Orleans Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Orleans Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Orleans, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Orleans about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Orleans Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-240-3700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Orleans assessor's office at 508-240-3388. Please call the assessor's office in Orleans before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Orleans Courthouse at 508-362-2511.