Town of Lee, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Lee Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Lee, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Lee Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Lee property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
76 East StreetThe Town of Lee Assessor's Office is located in Lee, Berkshire County, Massachusetts. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town of Lee government, at 32 Main Street.
Town of Lee Assessor Contact Information
Town of Lee Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Lee Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Lee Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Lee Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Lee.
- The Town of Lee Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Lee Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Lee, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Lee about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Lee Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-243-5512. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Lee assessor's office at 413-243-5523. Please call the assessor's office in Lee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Lee government at 413-448-8424.