Town of Franklin, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Franklin Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Franklin, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Franklin Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Franklin property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
614 High StThe Town of Franklin Assessor's Office is located in the Franklin Municipal Building in Franklin, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.
Town of Franklin Assessor Contact Information
Town of Franklin Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Franklin Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Franklin Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Franklin Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Franklin.
- The Town of Franklin Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Franklin Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Franklin, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Franklin about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Franklin Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-520-4920. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Franklin assessor's office at 508-520-4923. Please call the assessor's office in Franklin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Franklin Administration Building at 781-461-6105.