Town of Edgartown, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Edgartown Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Edgartown, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Edgartown Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Edgartown property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
81 Main StThe Town of Edgartown Assessor's Office is located in Edgartown, Dukes County, Massachusetts. Edgartown is the county seat of Town of Edgartown, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town Of Edgartown Courthouse, at 70 Main Street.
Town of Edgartown Assessor Contact Information
Town of Edgartown Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Edgartown Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Edgartown Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Edgartown Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Edgartown.
- The Town of Edgartown Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Edgartown Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Edgartown, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Edgartown about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Edgartown Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-627-6140. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Edgartown assessor's office at 508-627-6119. Please call the assessor's office in Edgartown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Edgartown Courthouse at 508-627-4025.