Town of Dighton, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Dighton Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Dighton, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Dighton Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Dighton property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Town of Dighton Assessor's Office is located in Dighton, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Town of Dighton Assessor Contact Information
Town of Dighton Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Dighton Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Dighton Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Dighton Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Dighton.
- The Town of Dighton Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Dighton Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Dighton, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Dighton about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Dighton Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-669-5043. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Dighton assessor's office at 508-669-5667. Please call the assessor's office in Dighton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.