Town of Braintree, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Braintree Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Braintree, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Braintree Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Braintree property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
614 High StThe Town of Braintree Assessor's Office is located in the Braintree Town Hall in Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.
Town of Braintree Assessor Contact Information
Town of Braintree Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Braintree Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Braintree Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Braintree Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Braintree.
- The Town of Braintree Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Braintree Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Braintree, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Braintree about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Braintree Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 781-794-8050. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Braintree assessor's office at 781-794-8068. Please call the assessor's office in Braintree before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Braintree Administration Building at 781-461-6105.