Town of Ashfield, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Ashfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Ashfield, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Ashfield Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Ashfield property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
425 Main StreetThe Town of Ashfield Assessor's Office is located in Ashfield, Franklin County, Massachusetts. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town of Ashfield government, at 412 Main Street, P.O. Box 560.
Town of Ashfield Assessor Contact Information
Town of Ashfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Ashfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Ashfield Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Ashfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Ashfield.
- The Town of Ashfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Ashfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Ashfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Ashfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Ashfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-628-4441. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Ashfield assessor's office at 413-628-0228. Please call the assessor's office in Ashfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Ashfield government at 413-774-4015.