Town of Adams, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Adams Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Adams, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Adams Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Adams property tax due date
76 East StreetThe Town of Adams Assessor's Office is located in Adams, Berkshire County, Massachusetts. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Town of Adams government, at 8 Park Street.
Town of Adams Assessor Contact Information
Town of Adams Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Adams Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Adams Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Adams Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Adams.
- The Town of Adams Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Adams Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Adams, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Adams about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Adams Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-743-8350. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Adams assessor's office at 413-743-8316. Please call the assessor's office in Adams before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Adams government at 413-448-8424.