City of Pittsfield, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The City of Pittsfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Pittsfield, Massachusetts. You can contact the City of Pittsfield Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Pittsfield property tax due date
76 East StreetThe City of Pittsfield Assessor's Office is located in Pittsfield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Pittsfield is the county seat of City of Pittsfield, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City of Pittsfield government, at 70 Allen Street.
City of Pittsfield Assessor Contact Information
City of Pittsfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Pittsfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Pittsfield Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Pittsfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Pittsfield.
- The City of Pittsfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Pittsfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Pittsfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Pittsfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Pittsfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 413-395-0102. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Pittsfield assessor's office at 413-448-9818. Please call the assessor's office in Pittsfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Pittsfield government at 413-448-8424.