City of Peabody, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The City of Peabody Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Peabody, Massachusetts. You can contact the City of Peabody Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Peabody property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The City of Peabody Assessor's Office is located in the Peabody City Hall in Peabody, Essex County, Massachusetts.
City of Peabody Assessor Contact Information
City of Peabody Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Peabody Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Peabody Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Peabody Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Peabody.
- The City of Peabody Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Peabody Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Peabody, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Peabody about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Peabody Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 978-538-5716. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Peabody assessor's office at 978-538-5983. Please call the assessor's office in Peabody before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.