Notice: Undefined variable: LocalityName in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 198
Property Tax > somersetcounty Tax Assessor
somersetcounty, maryland - Assessor's Office
The somersetcounty Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in somersetcounty, maryland. You can contact the somersetcounty Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the somersetcounty property tax due date
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorStreetAddress in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorStreetAddress_2 in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 241
Notice: Undefined variable: LocalitySecondary in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 247
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorCity in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 250
The somersetcounty Assessor's Office is located in , maryland.
somersetcounty Assessor Contact Information
somersetcounty Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the somersetcounty Tax Assessor may also serve as the somersetcounty Tax Appraiser.
- The somersetcounty Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in somersetcounty.
- The somersetcounty Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The somersetcounty Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in somersetcounty, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting somersetcounty about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the somersetcounty Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorPhoneDashes in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 344
. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorFaxDashes in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 348
Please call the assessor's office in
Notice: Undefined variable: AssessorCity in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 350
before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.