Harford County, Maryland - Assessor's Office
The Harford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harford County, Maryland. You can contact the Harford County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Harford County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
212 S Bond StThe Harford County Assessor's Office is located in Bel Air, Maryland. Bel Air is the county seat of Harford County, where most local government offices are located.
Harford County Assessor Contact Information
Harford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harford County.
- The Harford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 410-638-3314. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bel Air before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Harford County government at 410-638-3343.