Garrett County, Maryland - Assessor's Office
The Garrett County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Garrett County, Maryland. You can contact the Garrett County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Garrett County property tax due date
203 South Fourth StreetThe Garrett County Assessor's Office is located in Oakland, Maryland. Oakland is the county seat of Garrett County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Garrett County Courthouse, at 203 South 4th Street, Room 107A.
Garrett County Assessor Contact Information
Garrett County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Garrett County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Garrett County Tax Appraiser.
- The Garrett County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Garrett County.
- The Garrett County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Garrett County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Garrett County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Garrett County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Garrett County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 301-334-1965. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Garrett County assessor's office at 301-334-5046. Please call the assessor's office in Oakland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Garrett County Courthouse at 301-334-8970.