Caroline County, Maryland - Assessor's Office
The Caroline County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Caroline County, Maryland. You can contact the Caroline County Assessor for:
- Checking the Caroline County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
109 Market St Rm 109The Caroline County Assessor's Office is located in Denton, Maryland. Denton is the county seat of Caroline County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Caroline County Courthouse, at 109 Market Street, Room 133.
Caroline County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Caroline County Information
Caroline County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Caroline County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Caroline County Tax Appraiser.
- The Caroline County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Caroline County.
- The Caroline County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Caroline County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Caroline County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Caroline County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Caroline County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 410-479-0410. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Caroline County assessor's office at 410-479-4060. Please call the assessor's office in Denton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Caroline County Courthouse at 410-479-0660.