Calvert County, Maryland - Assessor's Office
The Calvert County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calvert County, Maryland. You can contact the Calvert County Assessor for:
- Checking the Calvert County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
150 Main StreetThe Calvert County Assessor's Office is located in Prince Frederick, Maryland. Prince Frederick is the county seat of Calvert County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Calvert County Courthouse, at 175 Main Street.
Calvert County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Calvert County Information
Calvert County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calvert County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calvert County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calvert County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calvert County.
- The Calvert County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calvert County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calvert County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calvert County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calvert County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 888-272-9829. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Prince Frederick before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calvert County Courthouse at 410-535-1600.