Allegany County, Maryland - Assessor's Office
The Allegany County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allegany County, Maryland. You can contact the Allegany County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Allegany County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
701 Kelly RoadThe Allegany County Assessor's Office is located in Cumberland, Maryland. Cumberland is the county seat of Allegany County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Allegany County Office Building, at 701 Kelly Road.
Allegany County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Allegany County Information
Allegany County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allegany County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allegany County Tax Appraiser.
- The Allegany County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allegany County.
- The Allegany County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allegany County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allegany County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allegany County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allegany County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 301-777-5965. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cumberland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allegany County Office Building at 301-777-5911.