Town of Standish, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Standish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Standish, Maine. You can contact the Town of Standish Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Standish property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
142 Federal StThe Town of Standish Assessor's Office is located in the Standish Municipal Building in Standish, Cumberland County, Maine.
Town of Standish Assessor Contact Information
Town of Standish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Standish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Standish Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Standish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Standish.
- The Town of Standish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Standish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Standish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Standish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Standish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-642-3461. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Standish assessor's office at 207-642-5181. Please call the assessor's office in Standish before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cumberland Superior Court at 207-871-8380.