Town of Shirley, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Shirley Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Shirley, Maine. You can contact the Town of Shirley Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Shirley property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
159 E Main StThe Town of Shirley Assessor's Office is located in Shirley, Piscataquis County, Maine.
Town of Shirley Assessor Contact Information
Town of Shirley Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Shirley Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Shirley Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Shirley Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Shirley.
- The Town of Shirley Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Shirley Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Shirley, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Shirley about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Shirley Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-695-3257. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Shirley assessor's office at 207-695-2562. Please call the assessor's office in Shirley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Shirley government at 207-564-8419.