Town of Pittsfield, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Pittsfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Pittsfield, Maine. You can contact the Town of Pittsfield Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Pittsfield property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
41 Court StThe Town of Pittsfield Assessor's Office is located in the Pittsfield Municipal Building in Pittsfield, Somerset County, Maine.
Town of Pittsfield Assessor Contact Information
Town of Pittsfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Pittsfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Pittsfield Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Pittsfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Pittsfield.
- The Town of Pittsfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Pittsfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Pittsfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Pittsfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Pittsfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-487-3136. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pittsfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Skowhegan Superior Court at 207-474-5161.