Town of Lyman, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Lyman Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Lyman, Maine. You can contact the Town of Lyman Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Lyman property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
45 Kennebunk RdThe Town of Lyman Assessor's Office is located in the Lyman Town Hall in Lyman, York County, Maine.
Town of Lyman Assessor Contact Information
Town of Lyman Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Lyman Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Lyman Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Lyman Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Lyman.
- The Town of Lyman Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Lyman Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Lyman, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Lyman about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Lyman Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-499-7562. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lyman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alfred Superior Court at 207-459-2312.