Town of Long Island, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Long Island Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Long Island, Maine. You can contact the Town of Long Island Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Long Island property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
142 Federal StThe Town of Long Island Assessor's Office is located in Long Island, Cumberland County, Maine.
Town of Long Island Assessor Contact Information
Town of Long Island Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Long Island Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Long Island Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Long Island Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Long Island.
- The Town of Long Island Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Long Island Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Long Island, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Long Island about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Long Island Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-766-5820. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Long Island assessor's office at 207-766-5400. Please call the assessor's office in Long Island before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cumberland Superior Court at 207-871-8380.