Town of Hope, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Hope Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Hope, Maine. You can contact the Town of Hope Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Hope property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
62 Union StreetThe Town of Hope Assessor's Office is located in the Hope Town Office in Hope, Knox County, Maine.
Town of Hope Assessor Contact Information
Town of Hope Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Hope Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Hope Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Hope Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Hope.
- The Town of Hope Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Hope Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Hope, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Hope about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Hope Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-763-4199. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hope before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Superior Court at 207-594-2576.