Town of Gorham, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Gorham Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Gorham, Maine. You can contact the Town of Gorham Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Gorham property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
142 Federal StThe Town of Gorham Assessor's Office is located in Gorham, Cumberland County, Maine.
Town of Gorham Assessor Contact Information
Town of Gorham Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Gorham Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Gorham Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Gorham Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Gorham.
- The Town of Gorham Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Gorham Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Gorham, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Gorham about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Gorham Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-222-1600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Gorham assessor's office at 207-839-4793. Please call the assessor's office in Gorham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cumberland Superior Court at 207-871-8380.