Town of Durham, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Durham Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Durham, Maine. You can contact the Town of Durham Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Durham property tax due date
The Town of Durham Assessor's Office is located in the Durham Town Hall in Durham, Androscoggin County, Maine.
Town of Durham Assessor Contact Information
Town of Durham Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Durham Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Durham Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Durham Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Durham.
- The Town of Durham Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Durham Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Durham, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Durham about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Durham Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-353-2561. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Durham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.