Town of Brooks, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Brooks Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Brooks, Maine. You can contact the Town of Brooks Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Brooks property tax due date
39B Spring StThe Town of Brooks Assessor's Office is located in Brooks, Waldo County, Maine.
Town of Brooks Assessor Contact Information
Town of Brooks Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Brooks Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Brooks Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Brooks Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Brooks.
- The Town of Brooks Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Brooks Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Brooks, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Brooks about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Brooks Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-722-3254. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Brooks assessor's office at 207-722-3238. Please call the assessor's office in Brooks before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Brooks government at 207-338-3282.