Town of Solon, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Solon Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Solon, Maine. You can contact the Town of Solon Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Solon property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
41 Court StThe Town of Solon Assessor's Office is located in the Solon Town Office in Solon, Somerset County, Maine.
Town of Solon Assessor Contact Information
Additional Town of Solon Information
Town of Solon Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Solon Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Solon Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Solon Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Solon.
- The Town of Solon Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Solon Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Solon, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Solon about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Solon Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-643-2541. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Solon assessor's office at 207-643-2864. Please call the assessor's office in Solon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Skowhegan Superior Court at 207-474-5161.