Town of West Bath, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of West Bath Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of West Bath, Maine. You can contact the Town of West Bath Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of West Bath property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
752 High StThe Town of West Bath Assessor's Office is located in West Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine.
Town of West Bath Assessor Contact Information
Additional Town of West Bath Information
Town of West Bath Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of West Bath Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of West Bath Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of West Bath Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of West Bath.
- The Town of West Bath Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of West Bath Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of West Bath, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of West Bath about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of West Bath Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-443-4342. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of West Bath assessor's office at 207-443-3256. Please call the assessor's office in West Bath before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of West Bath government at 207-443-8200.