City of Saco, Maine - Assessor's Office
The City of Saco Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Saco, Maine. You can contact the City of Saco Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Saco property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
45 Kennebunk RdThe City of Saco Assessor's Office is located in the Saco City Hall in Saco, York County, Maine.
City of Saco Assessor Contact Information
City of Saco Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Saco Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Saco Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Saco Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Saco.
- The City of Saco Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Saco Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Saco, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Saco about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Saco Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-282-1611. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Saco assessor's office at 207-282-8209. Please call the assessor's office in Saco before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alfred Superior Court at 207-459-2312.