City of Old Town, Maine - Assessor's Office
The City of Old Town Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Old Town, Maine. You can contact the City of Old Town Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Old Town property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
97 Hammond StThe City of Old Town Assessor's Office is located in the Old Town Municipal Building in Old Town, Penobscot County, Maine.
City of Old Town Assessor Contact Information
City of Old Town Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Old Town Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Old Town Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Old Town Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Old Town.
- The City of Old Town Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Old Town Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Old Town, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Old Town about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Old Town Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-827-3960. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Old Town assessor's office at 207-827-3966. Please call the assessor's office in Old Town before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bangor Superior Court at 207-561-2300.