City of Gardiner, Maine - Assessor's Office
The City of Gardiner Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Gardiner, Maine. You can contact the City of Gardiner Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Gardiner property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
125 State StreetThe City of Gardiner Assessor's Office is located in the Gardiner City Hall in Gardiner, Kennebec County, Maine.
City of Gardiner Assessor Contact Information
City of Gardiner Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Gardiner Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Gardiner Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Gardiner Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Gardiner.
- The City of Gardiner Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Gardiner Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Gardiner, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Gardiner about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Gardiner Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-582-6892. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Gardiner assessor's office at 207-582-6895. Please call the assessor's office in Gardiner before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Commissioners Office at 207-625-5800.