City of Calais, Maine - Assessor's Office
The City of Calais Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Calais, Maine. You can contact the City of Calais Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Calais property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO Box 297The City of Calais Assessor's Office is located in Calais, Washington County, Maine.
City of Calais Assessor Contact Information
City of Calais Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Calais Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Calais Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Calais Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Calais.
- The City of Calais Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Calais Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Calais, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Calais about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Calais Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-454-2521. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Calais assessor's office at 207-454-2757. Please call the assessor's office in Calais before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the 85 Court St at 207-255-3127.