City of Biddeford, Maine - Assessor's Office
The City of Biddeford Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Biddeford, Maine. You can contact the City of Biddeford Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Biddeford property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
45 Kennebunk RdThe City of Biddeford Assessor's Office is located in the Biddeford City Hall in Biddeford, York County, Maine.
City of Biddeford Assessor Contact Information
City of Biddeford Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Biddeford Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Biddeford Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Biddeford Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Biddeford.
- The City of Biddeford Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Biddeford Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Biddeford, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Biddeford about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Biddeford Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-284-9003. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Biddeford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alfred Superior Court at 207-459-2312.