Washington Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Washington Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washington Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Washington Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Washington Parish property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Washington Parish Assessor's Office is located in Franklinton, Louisiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Washington Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washington Parish Information
Washington Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washington Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washington Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Washington Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washington Parish.
- The Washington Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washington Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washington Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washington Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washington Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 985-839-7815. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washington Parish assessor's office at 985-839-7818. Please call the assessor's office in Franklinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352